Tuesday 20 January 2015

Not one of Dell's better monitors. - Dell Professional P2012H 20-Inch Monitor with LED Screen Review


I have been adjusting and adjusting, and more adjusting of the image controls to try and get this to look anywhere closer to my older Acer monitors. This replaced an Acer G205S that I moved to another computer and now I am wanting it back. There are no dead pixels, and the menu for making adjustments is great and easy to use. The stand allows a little amount of tilt, allows for height adjustment, and it pivots. I will never use the pivot feature, but the height adjustment is very nice and something that I never had before. My biggest disappointment is that the 1600 X 900 screen does not have very sharp text. This is on my work PC (I provide my own computer hardware) in which we use Windows XP Pro due to software issues with Win7. All of the appearance settings are turned up and on, and I am using an ATI X1550 512mb video card which should be a good 2D card. My eyes are 50 plus years old and I have Bi-Focals, but then I have used two Acers in the past at the same desk with the same lighting, and they are better in the visual department. I did not go with the ultra screens as I was afraid they would have a higher resolution with smaller text. Be careful choosing this one.


Not one of Dell

No comments:

Post a Comment