Saturday 31 January 2015

Amazingly well built laptop with fun features for a great price! - HP 15-p030nr 15.6-Inch Special Edition Laptop with Beats Audio (Red) Review


I have now had this laptop for a little over a month and am still very impressed. For this price point (mine was just under $600) this is an amazing deal. The reason it is such a good deal is that it has most of the features of a higher end laptop but at a medium range price point. For instance, it has a very responsive touch screen, a huuugeee amount of ram, a backlit keyboard and a high end exterior look.

The Good:
- I really did not care about the beats audio but I am very very happy with the look of the laptop, it looks and feels like I spent $1500 on it and I have been getting lots of interest and compliments on the look. The colors and feel of it overall are just top notch high quality, you will feel great carrying this around.
- The numbers are fantastic and translate well to usage, cpu, ram, hdd are all very good for the price and it runs like a high end laptop. The RAM is the highlight here as it can handle tons of programs running at the same time without any issue, I think the high level of RAM is what makes me like...
-Windows 8.1 , I know its got some haters, but on this laptop I have been enjoying it! With the RAM on this machine windows runs fast and looks great on the screen, it is a lot different but you can use it like older windows versions too.
-TOUCH SCREEN, this touchscreen is so responsive that I use it all the time. Win8.1 is built for touchscreen but I have found myself using the touch for all kinds of different programs, it is not only cool, but can be a time saver too. It is also another great high end feature that you can impress your friends with.
- General Program Handling, this laptop can run most any program flawlessly, I am using firefox for web browsing and it is lightning fast as are the download speeds. As far as games, it is limited by the gpu but I have run wow, witcher enhanced, and rift with no problem, it cannot handle the newest games though.

The Bad-
- Battery Life, it runs down pretty fast with high usage but it is also small and light, This is upgradable if you really feel the need, I usually can get about two hours of heavy to moderate usage out of it.

-integrated graphics cards, this is an issue with almost all laptops, now this one has a very good graphics card for being integrated but it has limitations still, as I said above, you can run WOW without any issue but something like Witcher 3 has no hope of running. Sadly the cpu and the ram are more than beefy enough to handle the new games, but the integrated card trips them up. However unless you are getting a gaming laptop (and really, if you are just get a desktop instead) then this laptop is about the best you can do as far as handling games in your lap.

-Beats Audio. This is not really a negative or positive for me, i really like the beats special edition looks, but I will admit that the speakers (while very clear for a laptop) are not all that impressive (even beats cant work miracles) so do not expect to feel your chest thump from the beats audio. However, there is a ton of sound editing software for free which could come in handy. Overall I like the beats logos and colors, but wanted people to be aware that the sound wont knock your socks off (still better than your average laptop though)

Summary-
So while there are two "negative aspects" of this laptop, I am giving it five stars and you may wonder why. I did about 20 hours of research before I purchased a computer and the HP 15-p030nr is straight amazing for the price point. It can handle nearly anything you throw at it, looks amazing from exterior to screen, and has all the fun features of a high end notebook, all for half the price of a high end machine. If you are in the market for a laptop under $1000 then I would get this one, if you only have $400 to spend, i would save up and get this one, it really is worth your money in every way.

thanks,
Adam


Amazingly well built laptop with fun features for a great price! -   HP 15-p030nr 15.6-Inch Special Edition Laptop with Beats Audio (Red) Review

No comments:

Post a Comment