Saturday 21 February 2015

after, my Nexus 5, HTC M8, and S5, I think I found my next Daily Driver - Sony XPERIA Z2 D6503 FACTORY UNLOCKED International Version No Warranty WHITE Review

after, my Nexus 5, HTC M8, and S5, I think I found my next Daily Driver -   Sony XPERIA Z2 D6503 FACTORY UNLOCKED International Version No Warranty WHITE Review

Two parts to this review. First the seller, second the phone.

I bought from FGS Trading, they might of cost $5.00 more but was well worth it, I changed my mind and wanted a different color so I emailed them. They emailed back and told me if the could the would, and still make sure it shipped that day. Well they did, I switched from white to purple, because of some staining issues I found out about during some research done after the fact.

Also FGS sold me a phone that had over $80 worth of accessories, the sony magnetic dock, and the noise canceling headphone. What a great surprise, and well worth the extra $5 i spent.

This phone, the Sony Z2 D6503, wow. I am using a nexus 5 as my daily, and have a note 3, and Z Ultra as alternatives.

Size - The phone is larger, but coming from the nexus which has squared corners, its very usable. If you don't mind using the nexus 5 you won't mind the Z2.

Display - clarity seems the same as the nexus, but better that the note 3, and z ultra. The colors are so much better than the nexus5, and the Z ultra, and not near as artificial as the AMOLED on the note 3.

-processing power - even though it has the snapdragon 801 chipset, and the other 3 have the snapdragon 800, it feels about the same, if not a tad slower (the other 3 are all rooted and running stock KitKat) sometimes when I pull down the notification tray and i get a stutter.

Camera - I knew what I was getting, a 20.7MP sensor, but it still blew me away, I took photos with all 4 phones, the same photo, the Sony Z2 using superior auto, which yields an 8MP image, the nexus 5, and Z Ultra at 8MP and the note 3 at 13MP. The Sony destroyed them all, better color reproduction, more detail, and less noise, especially when cropped. All images where viewed on a 1080p 27" monitor. When I set the Z2 to manual and used the full 20.7MP setting I noticed zero improvement over the 8MP sampled pic.

Build quality - not quite to the level of my old HTC one M8, or iPhone 5/5s, but very much the same quality of the iPhone 4/4s and HTC one m7.

Sound - the front facing speakers are not any louder than the other phones, but the clarity is taken to a whole new level, but defintaly still below the HTC one both m7/m8, but remember these are waterproof. The Sony noise canceling headphones included from FGS Trading (model mdr-nc31e) are amazing, as good as any in ear buds I've ever bought or used in terms of noise canceling, and the sound quality from them is a few levels better than those typically included with phones(looking at you apple)

Battery life, both my nexus 5 and Z2 were at 100% at 10am, and right now it is 9pm, I'm sure I've used the Z2 30% more than the nexus over this time, and the nexus is at 40%, and the Sony at 70%, wow, color me impressed.

So far I love this phone, and I have owned the HTC one m7/m8, and the galaxy s3/s4/s5 (the s5 for 10 days, most over rated phone I have used) the Z2 beats the S5 in every way so far as I've experienced, but I didn't use the fingerprint scanner.

I hope they make a compact 4.5 inch version that still uses a 1080p screen, because I would buy that for my wife, as she loves this phone too(but uses the iPhone 5s currently)

Improvements - shrink the side bezels, the lg g2 did it. Get rid of the xperia link when you swipe up, as it shares space with google now, but is about 0.00001% as useful. Why go with the snapdragon 801 AB, and not the AC. I know its only 0.2ghz difference, but come on Sony why go 99% when making a flagship. Why have this amazing camera but not offer a duel led "true tone" style flash like my HTC one M8, or wife's 5s, and flagship, with best camera ever on a android device, why go 99%


No comments:

Post a Comment